Hi from Shropshire - UK

New to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
restyle

Post by restyle »

Hi,
I'm in Shropshire in the UK & looks like I've been successful in reserving one of the first of the "Project 45" vehicles.
I'll keep the thread updated when I hear any further details about the car
Looking forward to hearing from other potential Ioniq 5 owners wherever you are in the World
:D

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum, great news about the Project 45 reservation!

Will this be your first EV?
Hurgator

Post by Hurgator »

Did you just receive an email that you were one of the people who could reserve an Ionic 5 in a later step? Or have you been sent the link to the Paypal advance payment already?
restyle

Post by restyle »

Rob wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:26 am
Welcome to the forum, great news about the Project 45 reservation!

Will this be your first EV?
Hi - Sorry for late reply (didnt get any notification from the forum to my email - I've just seen the "subscribe" button) - Yes this will be my first EV & will be replacing my diesel Evoque, which is a really great car when its not faulty :lol:
Last edited by restyle on Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
restyle

Post by restyle »

Hurgator wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:50 pm
Did you just receive an email that you were one of the people who could reserve an Ionic 5 in a later step? Or have you been sent the link to the Paypal advance payment already?
Hi, yes I received the following email on 4th March after managing to register on 25th Feb (after the initial crash on the 23rd)

Many thanks for your interest in the highly acclaimed IONIQ 5 from Hyundai.

We can confirm that the Project 45 model you have configured is now available to reserve. In order to complete your reservation we will require a refundable reservation fee of £1,000. Your chosen specification is as follows:

Exterior Colour: Gravity Gold
Interior Trim: Light Grey and Dark Teal

In the next two weeks you will receive a further email from us with a link to the payment process.
This email will contain all of the information you need in order to pay the reservation fee.
Once your reservation has been confirmed we will continue to share exciting news and information on IONIQ 5 until your car arrives in the UK, at which point your selected Dealer will contact you to confirm next steps. If you wish to cancel your reservation ahead of this point please contact us on 03443 460 126
Please look out for our next communication to confirm the reservation payment fee process and of course, if you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Kind regards
IONIQ 5 VIP team

Still waiting for that email, but I've since contacted my local nominated dealer & paid the deposit with them - They say it was probably the worst car launch they've witnessed as they had no prior info on it beforehand
restyle

Post by restyle »

Just got the "deposit" email from Hyundai this afternoon:- {Note also that the UK Gov removed the £3000 EV grant earlier today for cars over £35,000}

We can confirm that the Project 45 model you have configured is now available to reserve. In order to secure your reservation we will require a refundable reservation fee of £1,000 which can be paid via our online payment platform using the following link (this link is unique to you and your reservation request):
{Link Removed}

Payment can be made using a credit or debit card and must be made within 7 days in order to secure your reservation. If we do not receive your payment by 23:59 on 25th March 2021 your reservation request will be cancelled.

Once we receive your payment we will confirm your reservation via email. We will then continue to share exciting news and information on IONIQ 5 until your car arrives in the UK, at which point your selected Dealer will contact you to confirm next steps. If you wish to cancel your reservation ahead of this point please contact us on 03443 460 126.

Please note that the terms and conditions relating to your reservation have changed. The updated terms and conditions can be viewed at https://www.hyundai.com/uk/ioniq-5-rese ... tions.html. Submitting your reservation fee payment will be deemed as acceptance of the new terms and conditions. Please note that we are unable to take payments directly as reservation fee payments can only be made using your unique link above.

Finally, the government has announced today that with immediate effect, the Plug-In Car Grant is only available on cars priced under £35,000. Grants are no longer available for cars priced above this amount which means that the new Recommended Retail Price for IONIQ 5 Project 45 is now £48,000.[media][/media]

If you have any questions regarding the payment process or any matter relating to IONIQ 5 then please do not hesitate to contact us on the number below.

Kind regards

IONIQ 5 VIP team

VIP

Hyundai Motor UK Ltd