New to forum

New to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Colinah

Post by Colinah »

I am waiting for my Ultimate model with no other extras at end of November. Fingers crossed.
Have square eyes from reading reviews. Almost all positive.
Have a few questions but not for now.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum!

Just getting everything going here so hopefully we'll have some more members soon.
Kez

Post by Kez »

Hi all I’m Kez
I have a 2WD Ultimate with Tech and Eco packs in Galactic Grey. Looking forward to picking up some tips on how things work…
simos71

Post by simos71 »

Hi
Just introducing myself
Still waiting for my car to arrive suppose to be on the ship :!:

Ordered on 25th September last year

Regards

Jase
rmacw1972

Post by rmacw1972 »

My wife and I have ordered our Premium 73kw from the main Hyundai dealer near us and we are quite excited about the prospect of this car. We haven't owned an ev previously and we are moving from reasonably old ICE cars with the intention of replacing both of our cars with ev's once we get over the financial shock of the Ioniq. Given current build and delivery dates, we don't expect to see our car on the drive until early 2023. Time will tell.
PeterJK

Post by PeterJK »

We ordered our Ultimate Ioniq 5 last November with an estimated delivery of 1st March. This has been changed several times and is currently at the dealers on 14th May! Like you time will tell. My wife has a hybrid but this will be our first all electric. We recently fitted solar panels to help with the energy costs and have had a charging point fitted that can also use them, with or without the mains.
Randall1o1

Post by Randall1o1 »

Hi, I ordered my Ionic 5 through my works salary sacrifice scheme in April and have an ETA of Mid feb 2023 although for registration purposes I’m not fussed if it’s put back a month. First venture into the world of EVs and first Hyundai so interesting times ahead
Tcos

Post by Tcos »

Hi Ladies/Gents I am collecting my car this thursday 2/6/22 i have managed to get a Mystic Olive Green Ultimate Tech/Eco cancelled order all in 7 days which hopefully i will be happy with,Hypervolt charger being installed on the 6th ,Never had a EV so all going to be a learning curve for myself and wife but looking forward to it, hope this forum can help and likewise if i discover any thing worth mentioning ill let you know.
Val Clarke

Post by Val Clarke »

Hi I’m Val and I ordered the Ioniq 5 last August and collected it on 9th May - not impressed by the showroom didn’t really keep me up to date on situation - asked for the latest software to be installed as I only have an i-pad and couldn’t have downloaded any updates at home via a USB stick - was told it was up to date but it wasn’t - currently on version that was released Aug 21 but am having the May 22 updated at showroom in 2 weeks and have been told by Hyundai that any future updates will be OTA.
I was disappointed that the handles were not the pop out ones as shown on the adverts and showroom cars - they’re not even touch sensitive - very surprising for a £47,000 car.
Overall enjoying driving an electric car only hope the 12v battery does not let me down - has anybody got any advice on a home charging unit - I am with Scottish Power for energy and they have stopped the night time charging rates for cars - just my luck!!!
Also surprised that it’s not equipped for wireless Apple Car Play.
PurleyKing

Post by PurleyKing »

Hi to you all.

I have an Ultimate with Tech and Eco packs in Cyber grey RWD. This was a cancelled order and I was able to pick it up within 2 weeks of driving one for the first time. I feel so lucky. I've now completed 1600 miles and am enjoying the whole adventure. I'm still getting to grips with all the technology, but as this is my second electric car some of those aspects are already familiar to me. I have a Pod point home charger which works fine, but I only set charges from the wall box, I've never been successful using the Bluelink App, still there is plenty of time to experiment and learn. I have solar panels, so when the sun is shining I do a lot of charging on the granny charger which I find very easy to use and adjust for the amount of solar energy I produce.

My first question is to do with the Bluelink App. I have accumulated nearly 100 notifications already about not locking the car and would very much like to delete them. I've contacted Hyundai, Bluelink and the dealer and still no success. Has anybody got any ideas?

In the warmer weather I have managed 4.1 miles per kWh for the first 1600 miles, mainly town driving with a bit of motorway.