Just bought

New to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
s30jok

Post by s30jok »

Hello

On Saturday 24th Feb my wife and myself bought an ioniq 5 Namsan in digital teal green. Pick it up week today. Live near spalding, my father has also bought an ioniq 5 premium model (it’s his first go with electric cars). We have just had a Tesla model 3 long range but the only reason we got rid is because I have a bad knee and the Tesla is awkward getting in and out as it’s so low to the ground.

IMG_3552.jpeg

IMG_3555.jpeg

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint »

I pick the same colour one up tomorrow - Ultimate AWD
Kph103

Post by Kph103 »

I pick my 72 plate Ultimate in Gravity Gold Matte finish on Saturday.
I've leased my last 3 cars but now semi retired decided didn't want to pay out £400+ a month.
So looking forward to getting my first electric car . It has the light interior which gives a real luxurious feel.
Has anyone got tips on keeping the matte paint clean e.g best cleaning products
Also as it has no wiper could/should you put a rain repellent spray on it ?
G EV

Post by G EV »

Kph103 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 am
I pick my 72 plate Ultimate in Gravity Gold Matte finish on Saturday.
I've leased my last 3 cars but now semi retired decided didn't want to pay out £400+ a month.
So looking forward to getting my first electric car . It has the light interior which gives a real luxurious feel.
Has anyone got tips on keeping the matte paint clean e.g best cleaning products
Also as it has no wiper could/should you put a rain repellent spray on it ?
Hi Kph103 - hope you enjoy your car. I am about 1 month into ownership and still smiling when I get in it to drive. Re your rear windscreen question - I recently tried Rain X rain repellent spray. The water was noticeably beading more (looking at it when stationary) but I am not 100% convinced it helped much while driving. I think the problem is not so much the rain but the dirt build up. After driving Passats for many years and the occasional go of my wife’s TT, maybe I am just used to a fuzzy rear view in UK wet and winter. For £6 for a bottle - small gamble.