Delivery times

All Hyundai Ioniq 5 related discussions
Neil 1972

Post by Neil 1972 »

New to Hyundai and the forum so "Hello !"

The company I work last year announced a big push to EVs and to support this with staff, also introduced a salary sacrifice scheme to support that. Its a vey good idea and due to pretty much everything being included, apart from the cost of electricity, it meant I`d make a big saving on Tax and fuel. After quite an exhaustive search and test driving of numerous EVs (Audi, Merc, VW, Jaguar) i ultimately decided on the Ioniq % as was really impressed with the car. Ended up ordering a Ultimate 73kwh AWD (Tech) as the trim level and offer was just what I wanted.

Unfortunately I ordered in October 2021, with a delivery date of March 22, thats moved to April, June, July and now September of this year which is a bit disappointing. On the flip side, I`m currently driving a 2005 Ford Ka that has manual windows, a speedo, fuel gauge and cassette player so it is definitely making me appreciate the arrival more and reminding me how much cars have moved on!

Has anyone else experienced continually changing delivery dates and do you think the trims/equipment level will be changed to match the 2022 car updates versus what I originally ordered?

Binx

Post by Binx »

Hi Neil. I ordered my Ioniq 5 - an Ultimate 73kwh RWD (Tech & Eco) MY22 - on 16 January 2022 and was initially advised that it should be with me on 4 May. That then went back to end May/early June, then July, then 20 August, then 20 September. I had a call from the dealer today (16 July 2022) saying my car now has a VIN, which apparently means it's "on the ship" and I should be in possession of it late August/early September. I note the Electrifying YouTube channel is now quoting 9-12 month lead times for an Ioniq 5, so I guess I'm lucky getting mine in 8.5 months...

The delays are very frustrating, but understandable given the pandemic and chip shortages etc, so I know I just have to be patient, and pray the ship doesn't sink... The really depressing thing in this for me is that, until today, I didn't even know whether my car had been built yet, and it's the not knowing which frustrates the most!
Neil 1972

Post by Neil 1972 »

HI Binx

Out of the blue, mine is built, in the country and being delivered on 1st August. The App via my company`s salary sacrifice scheme is still saying ETA of early september ..
Selfishly, all i really care now is I`m getting it on the 1st August and the Ford Ka is going to be sold!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post