Charging

All Hyundai Ioniq 5 related discussions
martind1968

Post by martind1968 »

Hi, apologies for what is likely to be a repeat question.

My car is due for delivery in April 24, so I'm researching home charging points.

If I look at the "top 10 chargers" type of search, I'm looking at around a grand inc. install however I reckon I can get a unit for about £350-400 plus install. Any thoughts/advice?

In addition, I'm told that some chargers wont be compatible with the IONIQ 5. Does anyone have any advice please.

Thanks
Martin

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

I use a Podpoint charger which has worked well on both the charger app and when i tested the cars charging schedule , it's really simple to use , wasn't aware that the ioniq5 was allergic to any charger as basically the car looks upon it as a dumb charger which has just switched on , i leave all my settings in the car on zero and just use the charger settings
martind1968

Post by martind1968 »

Cheers mate. I'm not convinced the Ioniq 5 is allergic I just read that somewhere and thought best to ask
Calculus242

Post by Calculus242 »

You need to select your charging tariff before you select your chargepoint supplier. The best tariffs from Octopus and OVO require specific smart chargepoints. Using a dumb chargepoint means that you are restricted to timed off-peak tariffs which may only deliver 4 hours per day at a cheap rate (equivalent to 28.8kWhr maximum).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post