Charge Port Lights

The place to discuss everything else..
AlanTomo1

Post by AlanTomo1 »

Hi All
Just got my new ioniq5 ultimate done my first scheduled home charge cheap night rate but noticed the charge port light stayed on when the car was plugged in even though it wasn't charging is this normal
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Alan

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

AlanTomo1 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:41 am
Hi All
Just got my new ioniq5 ultimate done my first scheduled home charge cheap night rate but noticed the charge port light stayed on when the car was plugged in even though it wasn't charging is this normal
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Alan
[/quote
Mine does the same when it's plugged in and waiting for the time slot to start but after a short while (not sure how long) they turn off till charging starts
AlanTomo1

Post by AlanTomo1 »

Hi
Thanks for your reply not sure if it would drained the 12v battery
markRXT

Post by markRXT »

Hi. My lights come on, then go off but then keep coming back on every few minutes. Coincides with the cooling flaps opening. It is killing the 12V battery as the current draw on the 12V is 8 amps. If the scheduled charge kicks in before the battery dies then all is good, if not no charge and a dead car which needs a jump start. Just posted about this. Be interested to know if you have the same issue.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Don't really understand why your cooling flaps open if your not charging , i put the charging plug in at 4.30 last night a full 8 hours before the charging slot , the lights went off after 10 minutes and I've been doing this for 18 months with no problems
markRXT

Post by markRXT »

I don't understand this either. I have done as much investigation as I can. Seems it only happens if scheduled charge is set on the car (00:30 to 04:30 is what I normally use) and then plugged into wall box. If I use 13A socket charger it is fine. If I set the schedule on the charger it is fine. Have played with all the settings I can think of. Will have to go back to Hyundai again to be looked at. I don't think it is my charger as I don't have the same issue on our Kona but that might be misleading. It never used to do this but if anything it has got worse since it came back from Hyundai on 2nd Jan. When it happens, the cooling vents open, the car pings and the dashboard message about scheduled charge appears and the charging lights sequence. Does this for 3 mins, then stops and goes to sleep, then starts again 3-4 mins later. Very strange. Love the car otherwise!
AlanTomo1

Post by AlanTomo1 »

Thanks Guys
What I found if I unlock the car plug in my wall box charger
then lock the car the charge port lights move in sequence letting me know the schedule timer is set then the lights go out until the timer kicks in.
Hope this helps.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post