Just joined the party

New to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mollieanna

Post by Mollieanna »

Hello, Just joined this site. I am a female and have had to hit the ground running finding out what the car does and doesn’t do! Driven all sorts of cars in my time. Went electric three years ago with a Jaguar. I have just taken delivery of my 2023 Ioniq. Lovely car, very pleased, except I am really disappointed that my model does not have pop out door handles. They are so awkward to open especially with long fingernails! Apart from having to explain to everyone how to open the doors! I find it quite embarrassing! Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Hi I feel your pain, the handles are a nightmare to open in the dark but its something you come to terms with and the good things outweigh the bad things with the car. I think pop out handles are only fitted on the top spec car a big mistake in my opinion
Hinchy60

Post by Hinchy60 »

Hi I agree fully
And with the recent frost we have had they were even harder to navigate
sadgeek

Post by sadgeek »

Just got my 2023 Ioniq 5 Premium. I can set the boot to open automatically when I approach with the key in my pocket but it seems I can only unlock the car by pressing the button on the key. My 2021 Ioniq 5 would unlock as I walked by or when I lightly touched the door handle. Am I missing something?
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Try pushing the end of the handle with the little square on and the car should unlock , with mine the door mirrors unfold first and then i press the handle and do the same to lock it
Kaisos

Post by Kaisos »

Hi everyone
Nice to join the forum. Having said that I joined because I have issues charging my Ioniq 5 which was delivered to me in Feb 2023. It is the Ultimate model 4WD. It seems that the car can not get chrarged via a Level 2 Project EV Charger.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Check the world forum , i believe there's a class action starting in America over this problem