Navigation Update - Wireless Android Auto

All Hyundai Ioniq 5 related discussions
Wheelie

Post by Wheelie »

I downloaded and installed the November Hyundai Europe Navigation Update yesterday (rather than waiting for the OTA update). I'm liking the audio volume changes, the new Sounds of Nature and the new screen showing battery usage. However, I cannot seem to get the promised Wireless Android Auto to work (only workingfor me with wired USB connection, as before). To my knowledge my Samsung phone running Android 11 meets the handset criteria and this Navigation update was effectively turning on the hardware built in by default to all existing Ionic 5 and Ionic 6 cars. Has anyone managed to get this working?

Zim

Post by Zim »

I read some posts on the Ioniq 5 Reddit forum and most people suggested that the navigation model supporting wireless Android Auto isn't on the current Ioniq 5 so it doesn't look like we'll be getting it
Wheelie

Post by Wheelie »

Strange. The note on the Hyundai Europe Navigation website say that wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay now work with installed November update on Ioniq 5 and Ionic 6 ... but ... no joy at my end.
MayNan

Post by MayNan »

The Android auto via USB on my ionique 5 is very unstable and regularly stops and starts ... this is a known issue when looking at other forums so I was very keen to get this update... but the wireless option doesn't work as promised in the update.. anyone got it to work on their car?
Zim

Post by Zim »

Not sure if the URL below will work but if you go to Hyundai's website you can locate the page with the changelog and the section for the wireless AA update only contains screenshots for the ccNC system which is in the new Kona, the i5 runs Gen5W.

https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/update ... iew/Y2SkCi

Wireless would be much more practical but there would be degradation in sound quality for music compared to a wired connection, which given the poor speaker quality in the car wouldn't make for great listening. At least that's how I'm justifying it to myself for missing out on this update :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post