Check Electric Vehicle System - Warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Ioniq 5
Simon GTO

Post by Simon GTO »

"Check Electric Vehicle System" - Warning message on dash.

Car won't drive or charge since Hyundai assist came and flattened the auxiliary 12V battery. Main battery is 93% charged. Vehicle has been recovered to Stockport Hyundai main dealer. Finally today (after 4 days) they have got round to looking at it. (I only know this because the bonnet is open when checking the Bluelink App.) I'm a bit unimpressed at this stage. 1 year old car that cost £55k and Hyundai assist were less than assistance, asking "is it was OK to come tomorrow to look at the car as we are very busy today"!? Eventually the AA called me at 2am and apologised for the late call. The wanted to recover the vehicle and arrived at 2:10am leaving at 3:00am. I have called Stockport Hyundai in the afternoon of the second full day that they had the car but they were so busy they could not look at it for another 2 days which brings us to today. Bluelink says the car is unlocked (first time bluelink has communicated with the car in 5 days due to flat auxiliary battery) so I know they have at least put the aux. battery on charge and the bonnet is showing open on the vehicle status.

Really great car. Very poor service from Hyundai Assistance. Dealer slow to look at the car. Hyundai assistance only give a courtesy car for 2 days which is not a lot of use frankly if dealer isn't able to look at the car for 4 days.

Disappointed!

Simon GTO

Post by Simon GTO »

Update.... It's 10 days now since the Ioniq 5 was recovered to Hyundai Stockport. Parts were apparently ordered end of last week but still not word on when we get the car back. Hyundai Assistance say we can't have a replacement car now as it has to be ordered within 48 hours of the breakdown. The dealership "Holdcroft Hyundai Stockport" have a 4 week wait for courtesy cars! Seriously?

To say We are disappointed is an understatement. Emailed the dealership and Hyundai UK Customer Services but nothing back yet apart from an email from the sales person that sold us the car saying it's been passed on to someone else. Great!

Anyone else had similar great customer service?
SLYBOYi5

Post by SLYBOYi5 »

Hi , new to this forum ... but yes 1st day I had rear camera warnings pop up after collecting the car in constant heavy rain collected car 13th March 2024 drove home from dealer went for a drive on the Saturday 3 days after prior to getting the whole car ceramic coated ... BATTERY SYSTEM WARNING visit dealer went to dealer on the Monday had to be booked in.... come back Wednesday gave us a courtesy car for 24hrs So back Thursday drop that back .... I am now in a hire car as the dealer has never come across this fault before? They have now had the car longer than me ... when I dropped it off it had 81 miles on it? They must of done a SUPERB PDI inspection ... that's all I can say ... & best of I persuaded the Wife we should go ELECTRIC ... So everyday I have to be reminded it is MY Fault as we should have had a petrol car .... oh the Joys of Motoring

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post